17 August 2011

Thinking Inside the Box

I'm sure that you all have been quite worried about me. I know that it has been a few years since my last post. I've been on a learning spree. Learning exactly what life is all about and how to take a fall without crying like a baby for my mommy. And so I have learned how to do it, now I have to learn how to implement it on a daily basis. That's the hard part.

Life is not about to stop for you if things get rough. It will keep on going until you get yourself up off the floor, dust yourself off and put yourself back in the ring. It is how we learn to persevere and improve upon our daily living. It is what makes us who we are. It builds character. Which brings me to a point I have been dying to make for a while.

What is going on in the world and the way we live our lives? Why is it that we have become so self centered and apathetic that our neighbor is more of an enemy than a friend? And what happened to us that our friends turn their backs on us more and more often, rather than be empathetic or even sympathetic to the goings on in our lives?

People today don't care anymore. People today only care about themselves and how they can be better than the next person, no matter who they step on or whose feelings get crushed in the process. We have become a society of naysayers and literalists who believe that if someone thinks differently, then they are wrong. We persecute and point fingers and insist that anyone thinking outside the box should be condemned.

We tell people they are wrong without thinking things through. What would happen if someone came up to you and said that everything you knew was wrong? Would you become offended? Would you defend your beliefs and feelings and thought processes? Sure you would. Would you become so enraged that you would kill for your beliefs? Maybe. The way people have become so self preserving just might lead one to kill for their beliefs. In fact, it has. It has led us to do things that I (personally) never thought people would or could do.

Why have we become such a violent nation of people? Why are we so engulfed with ourselves that others suffer for it? Whatever happened to love thy neighbor or the golden rule? Or do we really enjoy being treated like the animals we act like?

I don't know about you, but I am definitely in favor of being treated like a human being. I want to be treated the way I treat everyone else; with respect. I try to live by the golden rule, to treat others as I would want them to treat me. Though I am sure that will never happen.

Food for thought...

No comments: