16 June 2007

Been there, Done that - Twice.

Like, if you look REALLY close, you might just be able to make out who I went to see last night.
And if you can't, I suppose I will just tell you.
I went to see Poison last night and Ratt opened for them.
It was like a blast from my past, man. Junior high and High school came flooding back with a viciousness that made me want to crawl under the covers.
You see, I remember when these bands came out. Motley Crue, Warrant, Poison, Ratt, Quiet Riot, Scorpions - I was part of the genre - I even had Vince Neil's haircut from their first album, Shout at the Devil.
I know, WTF was I thinking; then and now! Well, it was a spur of the moment type thing. I had fun, even though my ears are still ringing.
Maybe next time, maybe I will use ear plugs.
I must be getting old.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

2 comments:

Bryan said...

Uhhh! JEALOUS!
Did they do "Fallen Angel" off of Open Up and Say Ahh?! That was like my favorite song off of that album.
I wore that tape out on a roadtrip from South Carolina across the US all the way to Oregon. I ended up buying another copy and wearing it out too.

Jennifer said...

Yep - they sang that song, amongst many others, including "I Won't Forget You" that debuted in '86 - if I remember what Sean Michaels said. It was really loud... my ears are still ringing.

They are also coming out with a new album called Poison'd - it's got new stuff, some covers, and some oldies. Might want to check it out, Bean.