23 October 2006

Something Old, Something New


Something borrowed, something blue.
This morning I had an appointment with a cake lady. Well, she's actually more Grandmotherly-like, but she makes wedding cakes and has been for 20+ years. The one we went and tasted this morning was fantastic. It was an amaretto cake with a raspberry filling and buttercreme icing. YUM!
I am spending more and more time trying to get into the mindset of marriage. I honestly don't think things will change between George and I. I mean, we have been together for almost 4 years and lived together for 3 1/2 of them. We share an account, the bills and most of our waking moments together. So, I don't understand what the fuss is all about.
The cake you see above is similar to the one we picked. The difference is, the shells will be white chocolate candies. Some will be a light green in color and others will be plain white. I forsee it being a very pretty cake. At least the picture we saw made the cake look gorgeous. And taste? Believe me, it will be awesome. I almost can't wait for everyone to see it. They should be surprised.
Anyway, just an update. I felt I should share.
Take care everyone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"... Let them eat cake...."

be well.

Peace.

(it took a while..., but, I finally got here [lol])