05 February 2006

The Joys of Working Outside

I think the most interesting thing about working for the Division of Forestry is the fact that I am up around 4:30 in the morning, at work by 7 and home by 4:30 at the latest. Yeah, it sounds like a twelve hour day, but in reality it isn't. It takes me 35-40 minutes to just drive. And it's not really a bad drive either. All you see on either side of you is forest. It's very tranquil. In fact it's so tranquil that the other day I almost hit a deer. I was just cruising right along in my little Nissan and there she was... meandering ever so casually across the road, that is until she saw me coming. Then she panicked. I almost had a heart attack. But I made it to work, safe and sound. And she made it across the road in one piece and not attached to my truck.
I go to work dressed like I am in the posted picture. I like being able to wear jeans and a t-shirt. Once I become a permanent fixture with the DoF, I will have a uniform to wear. You know the one, green dickie pants, kahki shirt, Smokey Bear hat... hehe. I'm getting excited just thinking about it.
On a different note, our annual Lumberjack Festival is coming up. If you want to check it out at this link: http://www.pjc.cc.fl.us/milton/lumberjack/. There are no pictures of me there this year, but hopefully there will be of me next year. LOL No biggie. The less there is of me in the public eye, the better. At least that's the way I figure it.
Anyway, take care and I will post more another time.

6 comments:

Dean said...

there's something so super hot about a woman in uniform! Yes, even a forestry/ranger uniform!

fellahere said...

I agree with dean. hubba.
Good post.

Hey, that is a great time of day. I used to have a store in a big city downtown area open for business by 6 AM, it was really great.

Umm, don't you have those deer whistlers for the outside of your vehicle?

Richard Blackwater said...

Used to have those hours
but different line of work. I loved it.. get off early enough to catch the last few hours of decent fishing in the summer after work.

You have one of my dream jobs as well. Working for for forestry.

.

Anonymous said...

Apparently I am the only non-morning person among us!

Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! »

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! » » »